When many people thinking of traveling to Mexico, they think of coastal Mexico — I certainly did! Until I saw the rich diversity of other Mexican states, I had no idea how much there was to explore in this amazing country. I spent 10 days traveling through Central Mexico, visiting Guanajuato, San Miguel de Allende, Coyote Canyon and Mexico City.
Take a look at my 5 favorite highlights from this wonderful trip.
- Colonial Cities — Guanajuato and San Miguel’s architecture and beautiful vistas were incredible. I probably snapped about 100 pictures of doorways & alleyways.
- Artisan markets — No matter where in the world I’m at, I make time to explore the local handicrafts. On this trip, I managed to buy an indiginous decorated goat skull, block prints and a handcrafted leather purse.
- Eating — Wow, the food was amazing. More on those culinary adventures here.
- Natural Surroundings — getting there on a horse was not so much a highlight, but the views were beautiful from Coyote Canyon once I managed to get up there
- Traveling with Good Friends — nothing makes a trip better than traveling with people you like :)