For the second year in a row, I plan to make my travel goal for the year to be 12 Trips in 12 Months. As you may remember from last year, I set this ambition travel target after I looked at my calendar and saw several upcoming trips. And I am proud to say that I accomplished my goal. In fact, I exceeded it when I made a total of 15 trips!
Well guess what… I’ve got a similar looking calendar heading into 2016! Check out what I’ve already got on the calendar:
- January — Tampa, FL for a work conference
- February — Breckenridge, CO for a ski weekend
- March — Detroit, MI for a girls’ weekend
- March — Irvine, CA for Women in Travel Summit (work)
- March — Naples, FL for Easter holiday
- April — San Miguel de Allende, MX for a retreat (work)
- May — Denver, CO for sister’s graduation
- July — Stockholm, Sweden for TBEX conference
- July — Madrid, Spain for teacher visit (work)
- July — Iceland for personal vacation
- August — Santa Fe, NM for bachelorette party
- October — Portugal for my honeymoon
- December — Breckenridge, CO for a ski weekend
Obviously I understand that I am in a privileged position with my job because it allows me to travel professionally, but also gives me generous time off in honor of our staffs’ interests in travel. We already talking about an international partner visit for 2016, which I am super excited about! Working at a non-profit doesn’t necessarily have amazing financial perks, but the travel perks are amazing!