One of the questions I often get as a frequent traveler is “where to next?”. Once you start traveling, it never really stops so my list of top destinations is constantly growing. But it’s also one of my favorite questions to answer, because it always inspired my travel dreaming.
I find the problem of wanderlust particularly acute now that I work for a travel company with fellow adventurers. I thought after my 90 day travel adventure, I would have successfully squashed the travel bug for a few months, but I think the opposite has happened. And also, the Kayak explore map really doesn’t help the situations.
Although my Top 10 list is ever changing, these are the places I find myself dreaming about frequently. They’re in no particular order, but I do seriously want to go to each and every one of these places! Too bad my travel goals for this year are mainly domestic. But one day all of these destinations will be in my “Have Seen” list!
- Iceland: I mean those landscapes! Enough said!
- Portugal: I’m so intrigued by the architecture, history and language, plus it sees WAY less visitors annually than their Iberian neighbors, Spain.
- Mongolia: It strikes as me as one of the few wild places left in the world. Plus those expert hawk trainings seem pretty amazing
- Thailand: Southeast Asia isn’t the region of the world that calls to me, but Thailand really has it all. The Land of Smiles makes it easy on a tourist or traveler, with so many different regions to explore
- New Zealand: Lord of the Rings tour, am I right?
- Colombia: Increased safety and a reopening to tourists has brought Colombia to my top 10 lists. Plus I get to lust after the photos my coworkers shared with me from their visit in February.
- Scandinavian Countries (particularly Sweden, Norway & Denmark): FJORDS!
- Burma/Myanmar: Another newly reinvigorated travel destination, Burma offers a spiritual and culture experience to visitors, as well as some of the most unique temples in SE Asia.
- Antarctica: It’s my last continent! I have to go before it all melts.
- Cuba: It’s forbidden fruit, of course I want to explore it.